Phone: (423) 586-9431
Fax: (423) 586-9493

Street Address: 2450 S Cumberland St
Morristown, TN 37813
Mailing Address: PO BOX 1622
Morristown, TN 37816

Family Services

See the 2018 Calendar for Services (under Forms) for a breakdown of all scheduled services throughout the year!

Emergency Food Pantry

Central Services provides an emergency food pantry to those living or working in Hamblen County. Clients can visit the pantry every three months.
Clients must bring their most recent rent receipt or utility bill to prove Hamblen County residence. No other documents will be accepted. However, if you work in Hamblen County but do not live in the county, please bring your most recent paystub to prove employment.
If you would like to visit the pantry for your household, but the utility bill is not in your name, Central Services has a permission form. It must be filled out before accessing the pantry. It can be downloaded below or picked up at the front desk of Central Services.

Food for the pantry is gathered from the USDA, Second Harvest, and from area grocery stores and restaurants.

Rent & Utility Assistance

Central Services partners with Douglas Cherokee Neighborhood Center to provide regular and emergency rent and utility assistance for Hamblen County residents.
Regular help is in the form of LIHEAP (Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program) through Douglas Cherokee. This program occurs every three months; see the services calendar below for specifics. Call the office for more details.
Emergency rent and utility assistance is a once per year service with a specific procedure. Those wanting help should call our office (number listed above) and leave their name, phone number, and a bit more information. Then, a caseworker will call back, usually within 24 hours, to discuss need and schedule an appointment if we’re able to assist.

“Working for Change” Job Training

Central Services works with a number of volunteer organizations and schools to provide basic job training:
Hispanic Outreach
Light Duty Program
Meritan Senior Training Program
Appalachia CARES/AmeriCorps Program
Social Work Internship Program

Traveler’s Aid

If you or someone you know has traveled to Hamblen County, but circumstances left them without the resources to return home, traveler's aid may be able to help. Eligible clients can be provided a bus ticket to return home. Call the office (number listed above) for more information.

Other Types of Assistance

If you have a specific need not covered under the above programs, please contact our office (number listed above). You will leave your name, number, and the type of help you need. Our caseworkers will review this and call back with any options we have. We may be able to help, or we may try to refer you to another organization that can help.